It took me almost a week to get on here and write about UDHA but here I am. It was a really cool experience I thought the CE classes were really interesting. One lady teaching a CE class said that the benifits of flossing daily could potentially add six years on to your life. I thought that was really cool. It was fun to look at al the vendors tables too. I think I would really like to get some loupes but I am not sure how I can afford them.
Ok so how does flossing add a potential 6 years to your life? The life of your teeth maybe???? I dislike flossing, but I should do it more. Good luck with everything. I hope for your mouth and everyone elses you all get better at not poking each other to hard. Aiz wants to write her name so here she goes.
ReplyDeleteAizley
Flossing is one of the best ways to reduce gingivits/gingival bleeding. Gingivitis is the first step in periodontal disease,(which is what Dad had that made his breath stink so bad and made him lose his teeth). When you have constant bleeding in the mouth bacteria can freely go in and out of the blood stream. The same kinds of bacteria that are found in the mouth are often associated with infective endocarditis (heart disease)and are found in the plaque that is found on arterial walls and heart valves. Peridontal disease can also make certain other diseases such as diabetes harder to control. So from what I understand some doctor concluded that the positive benifits gained from flossing daily such as reducing gingival inflamation and bleeding, prevention of periodontal disease etc... could potentially add six years to your life along with obviously making your mouth more healthy.
ReplyDeleteOh I forgot to metion. Peridontal disease can also lead to repiratory problems. When your mouth gets so full of bacteria you breath in and some of the bacteria go down into your lungs.
ReplyDelete