Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
1 Quad Class IV
So today I had a patient that I couln not take x-rays on because he had had them in a dental office recently but had never gone back for perio therapy. He had a perio abcess on #31 with deep pockets surrounding the entire tooth. Professor Alexander gave me one quad of a class IV which made me very excited. Sadly all I got done today was 1 quad and I missed a few spots. His calculus was so tenacious and would not come off. He said it had been like 10 yrs since he had a cleaning. Prof. Alexander suggested sharpening my instruments, so I am going to come in tomorrow and sharpen. I placed some arestin in the abcess pocket. I'm interested to see his tissue response in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment