Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Bad Day
Today was rough. I had two process evaluations that were due. I was running short on time because we were charting the student's mouth who we were working on and the person I was paired up with had a ton of fillings that I had to chart. So running short on time I was rushed for time to practice for my universal scaling PE. After practicing for like 2-3 minutes I tried to pass it off and did a horrible job. So now I get a point deduction and have to try to pass it off again within a week. That stresses me because I don't think I'll have very much time to practice on Monday and so I will have to try to pass it off again without much practice next Wednesday because Monday and Wednesday are our only clinic days. I feel frustrated because they tell us that were going to have a practice day and then we spend 3/4 of the day filling out paperwork and charting and are left with very little practice time. I don't need to practice my charting and paperwork skills. I need to practice scaling and probing and I have not been given enough time to do so. I can practice charting at home too if I needed to but I can't practice all of the other skills because I don't have the equipment and it is illegal because it would be considered practicing without a license. I don't see why they are wasting out time with paperwork and not letting us practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment