Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Toddler Tornado
So this morning I finished up two patients one of which was the last quad of my mockboard patient. This afternoon my patient cancelled so I had my wife come up last minute. She had no one to watch my kids so she brought Aiden my 2.5 yr old and Ellie who was born last week. Ellie slept in the carseat most of the time and was very well behaved except for a breif stent when I had to take a break because she was crying and wanted to eat. Aiden however was very mischevious. He had a hard time sitting still even with a coloring book and a glove filled with water that I gave him to play with. He kept trying to push buttons on the dental chair and stepping on my rheostat and ultrasonic foot pedals. He even somhow managed to unscrew the top of the faucet on the sink (which is motion activated), so all of the sudden the motion sensor went off and the faucet went off like a giser. It was very hard for me to keep my composure. Somehow though I made it through the day and even got all four quads done on my wife Yeah!!! Jenny commented to me on how much better she felt I was then when I brought her in last semester. That made me feel really good, and gave me hope that I am getting better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha! You should have seen it when Ky came in! During pod wrap I had him sit in my op and all of a sudden everyone started laughing. I looked over to see his mouth around the eye wash out things. I guess he turned them on and didn't know how to turn them off so he decided he would try to drink all the water! Kids...gotta love 'em.
ReplyDelete