Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Monday, November 23, 2009
My First Patient
Today was our first day with a real patient. I had my brother Chris come in. I was supprised at how long I was waiting for an OD check before I could move on. This was kind of frustrating becuase I didn't even get to scaling. I did do a full mouth prode, extra and intra oral examination, did a treatment plan, and took x-rays and the rest of the time I was waiting. When I took X-rays one of the developers was not working so professor Mcconahay developed my films for me. She was developing all the conventional films. That made me nervous because if I needed retakes I would have to reset up everything. (Usually you don't have the patient leave the x-ray room until you know that they don't need retakes.) But alas I was lucky and my x-rays camne out wonderfully. I hope waiting for OD checks will take less time next semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment