Monday, March 29, 2010

Finished my IA requirements

Today I saw a little boy who had calculus plastered all over the facial and lingual surfaces of 24 & 25. You couldn't even see the crown of the tooth. His mom told me that his teeth came in that way and that a dentist had told her that the only way to fix them was to crown or veneer them. He did have slight enamel hypoplasia on them but most of the nasty looking stuff was calculus. So they probably didn't come in that way. They would have only come in with the enamel hypoplasia. I scaled it all off and showed his mom. She was so happy. I was supposed to see his sister too but ran out of time because Stephanie and I sealed some of his teeth. Luckily Lauren had a pt cancel in the afternoon and she was able to get the sister in later in the day. I apologized to the mom and said I was sorry that I ran out of time and that I really thought that I would have enough time to see them both when I originally scheduled them. She was fine with the fact that I spent more time on her son and was just so happy that the calculus was gone and his teeth looked so much better. She kept telling me that she didn't know it was that bad and that she really thought that it wouldn't come off. She was really happy with the cleaning her son got. The good thing is that I hung out for the afternoon to see if I could take any x-rays at midtown and got to finish my sealant requirements on his sister that Lauren saw. I also took 1 PA on Mr. Salomon but that was all the x-rays I did in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment