Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Monday, March 22, 2010
Stress, Stress, and More Stress!!!!
So last week we had spring break which was really nice. Last night however I called my patient to confirm his appointment and found out from his wife that he is sick. So at about 8:30 last night I started frantically calling people trying to find a patient. I came in this morning still with no patient. I was praying and frantically calling people on the resource list hoping that I could get someone to come in last minute. The clinic opens at 8 and at 8:30 a girl came into the clinic and said she needed a cleaning and x-rays. The CA asked her if she had an appointment and she said "no." They immediately told me and I got her back as quickly as I could. When it came time to walk out our pts I still wasn't done because I got started a half hour late. She was just a IB with a few cavities nothing major. So I told my instructor that I didn't really have time to get her back in for another appointment because they were all booked and asked for some extra time. She told me I could have 15 minutes I still ended up taking 30 by the time all was said and done. I think she docked me on my professionalism for going over time but honestly I still finished her in the same amount of time I just got started 30 minutes late. I was just happy that I got her done in one appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment