Monday, April 5, 2010

ULTIMATE FRUSTRATION

My class III pt was supposed to come today. Clinic started at 8 and she didn't show. I and Mr. Salomon kept calling and calling and finally Mr. Salomon got a hold of her and got her to come in. She showed up at 10:15, pt walk out is 10:30. I took a full mouth on her with scan-x and at the end had a bunch of instructors in the x-ray room trying to help me get done because we were out of clinic time and there was a lady coming to present on ultrasonic scalers to our class. I was in such a rush. I didn't realize that I needed a FMX 20 template and not the 18. I clicked on the FMX 18 and scanned in my x-rays. Because I had filled the template two of the x-rays wouldn't fit and got lost. Mr. Salomon saved one but it was a duplicate of one I already had. I had no time to do retakes and was told I would have to do them at her next appointment. I gave my pt a talking to through her daughter who translated and told her that she had an infection in her mouth and that I had given her all of my last available appointments for the semester and that if the infection was not treated she could eventually loose teeth. I told her if she didn't come to her appointments she could not get back in until fall because we are closed in the summer. She understood and hopefully she will come next time. After the guest speaker I had to hang around and transfer all of the x-rays one by one into a FMX 20 template. What a pain. but it is set up now for me to finish the needed retakes next time. What a frustrating day.

No comments:

Post a Comment