Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Clinic Assistant
Today was my day to be the clinic assistant at WSU. I was very frustrated in that I felt Mr. Solomon kept getting after me for things that he didn't need to. For example when I first showed up this morning I went and turned on the x-ray processors and ran the films through to test them. Then I got ready and started checking in patents. Mr. Solomon showed up and started getting after me for not filling the ultrasonic baths. I told him I was goin to go do it after I finished checking in patients. He gave me some speal about how it needed to be done first thing in the morning and to go do it now and he would finish checking in the patients. I thought that was needless because the ultra sonic bath is used as part of the process for cleaning instruments. No one would be using it for at least an hour since thier patients were just barely showing up, so why did he insisit that it be filled before I check in patients?... I think it is because he just wanted to prove who is the boss and excercise power over me. I was very irritated. Things like that kept happening throghout the day. But I guess this is just one of those hoops I have to jump throght on my way to graduation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, next semester is my turn to be at WSU, your post made me way excited!
ReplyDelete