Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Monday, January 25, 2010
Another Stressful Day In Clinic
So this morning I was supposed to have a previous patient come back so that I could actually clean his teeth. I only got through the Oral Diagnosis and x-rays before we ran out of time last time that he was in. Anyway 8:00 came and he wasn't there so I called his mom about 8:10 and she said that he had had a siezure that morning (he has epilepsy and he gets them all the time) and that they wouldn't be comming. Luckily I had called Vaden a guy I work with the night before and scheduled him to come in partway through clinic because I figured that it would not take me the whole time to clean my first patient. So I called Vaden and asked him to come early but he still wasn't able to make it before 9:00 which was only like 30 min earlier than he originally planned. So I lost an hour of clinic time and was not able to complete Vaden which is fine I wasn't planning on completing him today but it sucks that I had to waste an hour of clinic time and that I still have to bring my first patient back on anouther day and hope that this doesn't happen again. I really wish I didn't have to schedule all my own patients. It is too stressful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment