Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Patient Day/ First CA Day

So this morining I was assigned to be the clinic assistant which meant that I had to check people in and make charts, fill the ultrasonic baths, sterilize instruments and put them away, and cash people out and take payments when they were done with treatment. It was crazy. We had had like a fifteen minute orientation on it at the end of last semester but I had forgotten tons of stuff. Also this afternoon I had my first real patient that I was able to scale on. A guy I work with named Adam came in. I only scaled two of his four quads because the health history, extra and intra oral exams, x-rays, and oral diagnosis take so stinking long to do. But he was cool about it and is comming back next Wednesday so that I can finish his cleaning. I was stressed to whole day and my shoulders were still tense even after I got home. I am glad that it is over. I wish however that I did not have to find patients for the rest of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment