Burke Devlin's blog about his experience in the Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Monday, January 11, 2010
Interesting Day
Today I had a special needs patient named Chad. He was a little mentally disabled and had epilepsy, so he was on a lot of medications. It took me a little a few minutes to look them all up. Also when I was taking x-rays he kept biting so hard that he would rip through the bite tabs and the film would move out of place. I ended up only taking one retake but I had to put new bitetabs on the films a couple times. For the most part he was compliant and would move where I needed him to as I was probing and doing the extra and intra oral exams but occasionally it was hard for me to get him to open his mouth far enough for me to get in there. It was a very stressfull day for me. I did not even get to cleaning his teeth. But his mom was very nice and helpful and she is going to bring him back for another appointment so that I can finish cleaning him. On a good note he had enough calculus that they are going to let me count him as a class II patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment